I’ve just started experimenting with raw vegan desserts in an attempt to reduce my diary intake. I love cheesecake, a lot, but the essence is well cheese. Raw desserts are amazing. The first time I tried a vegan raw chocolate mousse I had no idea it didn’t contain any diary. It was so thick, creamy and chocolatey just perfect.
I found this recipe at Sweetly Raw & adapted it slightly as the swirling was a disaster! Heather has loads of raw inspirations on her blog, as well as e books, do swing by for a bit of a drool. My first attempt this recipe it was a bit hit & miss to get the consistency balanced with sweetness. Now I have it down, I even made it for my friend’s birthday instead of cake.
Allergy Warning: This contains a LOT OF NUTS!
- 1 ½ cups Almonds
- 2/3 cup raisins
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 1 tea spoon pure vanilla
- Grind the almonds into flour in your food processor or Thermomix.
- Add the raisins and continue grinding until broken down.
- Add the coconut and vanilla. Grind again to incorporate.
- Add a little more water if needed to keep mixture together when pressed.
- Press evenly into a 12” spring form pan.
- 3 cups cashews
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup agave or other liquid sweetener
- Pinch of salt
- Lemon zest
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
- 4 cups mixed berries (I use frozen)
- Blend all except the oil and berries on a high speed in the blender.
- Add half of the oil and blend again until completely smooth.
- Add all the berries and the other half of the oil and mix again till smooth.
- Pour the filling evenly over the crust.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 8 hours or overnight.